Taiwan student application for a place in a Shenzhen public school
Conditions for applying:
1. Taiwan students with valid ID document approved by Taiwan region as well as valid travel pass issued by the Chinese Mainland.
2. Applying to study at pubic primary and secondary schools.
3. Submitting required applying and certified materials.
(The conditions of applying places at public schools are in accordance with the document issued by Guangdong Province.)
1. Evidence of ID: Original document and copy of the ID and travel pass of the Taiwan student and his/her parents (guardians).
2. If the legal guardians of the student do not have guardian capabilities or cannot accompany the student to study in Shenzhen, they must delegate some person (s) to undertake the care of their children during this time. In this case, apart from the required materials mentioned above, the applicant also needs to submit the following materials:
1) The written proxy with the signatures of both sides, and agreed regulations certified by the public notary office.
2) The delegated guardian's original document and copy of personal material: ID card, household registration, temporary residence permit, property ownership certificate or property rental contact.
3) Original document and copy of schooling certification issued by the Taiwan Affairs Office at the district-level government in Shenzhen.
4) Original document and copy of extended schooling certification.
5) Residence certification: original document and copy of the tenancy contract or other documents providing the right to residence.
Application processing duration: 3 working days
Procedure of application:
1. Applicants lodge application by submitting required material at the service counter.
2. Qualified applications will be handed to the Affairs Office of the educational bureau for review. A disqualified application will not be processed and the applicant notified. Applicants with inadequate application documentation will be informed and asked to make up any deficiency.
3. Approved applicants will be registered automatically at the municipal bureau.
Taiwan students wanting to study at senior high schools in Shenzhen need to apply for the schooling certificate at the Taiwan Affairs Office at the district-level government in Shenzhen and contact the schools by themselves. With school approval after an enrollment exam, the students will need to fill out an application form and apply for the schooling qualification at the municipal and district education bureau.
Taiwan students who sat for the high-school entrance exam will be enrolled according to their exam results like the other Shenzhen students.
Venue of application: No.64 Counter at the West Hall of the Administration Service Lobby, Civic Center, Futian District, Shenzhen
Opening hours: 9:00 a.m.–noon, 2:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m.
Metro: Civic Center Metro Station (Exit E for Line 2, Exit B for Line 4)
Children's Palace Metro Station (Exit D, A1, A2 for Line 3 & 4)
Contact: (86-755) 88125839
Fees to be charged: null
Department in charge: Shenzhen Municipal Education Bureau
Application processing department: District-level Education Bureaus in Shenzhen